Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Dropping Kids


No, I am not abusive. But I did drop my kids. Confused? Don't be; it's just more silly goat raising terminology that makes outsiders scratch their heads and praise God that they don't farm.


To drop a kid is to give birth to it. It's an unfortunate word because most kids don't actually experience much 'air time' between mom and the ground. Besides , the kids never seem to regard their mother as unfit from the 'dropping'.


What is it we regard in our hearts? Whatever we nurture inside of ourselves, is going to 'drop'. As an umbilical cord feeds (almost like a parasite to a host) a something inside, so what we spend our time regarding is fed. If I spend my time regarding my finances, I nurture either a spirit of insecurity or self-sufficiency. If I spend my time regarding what hurtful things people say to me, I nurture self-consciousness. If I spend my time praising God, I, by default, have nurtured the Holy Spirit and therefore strengthened myself.


The 'something' inside of me reaches maturity, and then I 'drop' it. What is it? Did I just expose my insecurity or self-sufficiency? My self-consciousness? Or was it the work of the Holy Spirit inside of me? Dear God, help me to regard only your purity of thoughts! For a glass will spill what it contains and we shall surely drop what we carry when it comes to fruition!


"Go and talk like a King's Kid, and walk like one, and see the kingdom of heaven come forth right before your very eyes. The sick will be healed, the dead raised, the demons will leave the premises. Christians are made out of pagans, and from the ungodly, the scoffers and the scorners will become our fruit. Hallelujah!" - Harold Hill, 'How to Live In High Victory'


Christ died to give us profusely something worthwhile to be nurtured inside of ourselves. As Mary, the mother of Jesus, experienced the very breath of God impregnate her, the Holy Spirit can thusly 'impregnate' us with His Word. May it grow as I willingly feed it so it may become large enough and strong enough to come forth and carry out the will of the Lord. Nothing better can come from me but the Word and power of the Lord! Drop that!

No comments:

Post a Comment